March 3 (Saturday) Coralville, Iowa
June 9 (Saturday) Coralville, Iowa
Contact us for course availability and details.
The NIOSH Spirometry Refresher Course is offered to students who have successfully completed the introductory NIOSH-Approved Spirometry Training Course within the previous 5 years and 7 months. Students with a course certificate that is dated prior to a 5-year and 7-month cutoff date will need to complete the Introductory course again before taking their first Refresher Course. Students must provide a copy of their certificate to the course sponsor for verification. The refresher course will include the following:
- Review of the most recent ATS/ERS, ACOEM, and OSHA testing standards and guidelines
- Review of testing contraindications and procedures
- Review of technical procedures and instrumentation requirements including calibration procedures, sources of error, and their correction for both volume displacement and flow measuring spirometers
- Review of the effective use of volume-time and flow-volume displays
- Review of common spirometry testing errors and applicable corrective actions
- Review recommended procedures for proper infection control
- Differentiation of lung function patterns (normal, obstructive, restrictive, and mixed disease) using test results and the spirograms.